There’s too many of you here and I can’t tell in the mess anymore.
There was an interesting thing someone else told me a while ago, about how people’s “passion for politics” divides them. Interesting, because I used to think so, and now I just understand that politics is usually about the perspective and morality of how you take basic human rights, how they are or are not given, and the relationships between oppressor and oppressed. I suppose what I mean to say is that I’ve come to the point where I do not have any wish to ally myself with those that support the oppressors. This is simply on a very basic moral basis. So without further ado, my dear darlings:
- Racism in institutionalised, and as such the oppression of people of colour by white people (as well as other people of colour) systemically though centuries. What this means is that a person of colour cannot be racist to a white person.
- Same applies to sexism, it is institutionalized, the oppression of women by men through widespread misogny. Often, the enforcement of said oppression on women by other women due to internalized misogny.
- The concept of “trans-ethnicity” is ridiculous and both racist and cissexist.
- Privilege, oppression, and so on, all these terms don’t happen to be “SJW” terms, they’re sociology terms. This is all said from both experienced and academically studied points of view.
- Facts v. opinions: That racism/sexism is institutionalized and white people/men are oppressors are not opinions, they’re facts. An opinion would by you thinking oppressors should be forgiven and/or allowed to oppress other and oppressed should shut up, and my counter opinion would be that you’re an asshole.
- Israel is an inhumane state that has stripped Palestinian people of everything down to their basic human rights. Israel is an oppressive state. See basics of Israel/Palestine conflict here. Israel has also committed atrocities against many others.
- The US military complex as a whole is inhumane, corrupt, evil, murderous. I recognize that it is often made up of a lot of PoC who don’t mean to support it, are desperate, and simply exploited, but I do not in any particular way have any respect for them. They are still murderers, either by directly killing innocent people or engaging in an institution that enforces the murder of innocent people.
- The US police force is simply a white supremacist, racist, corrupt institution that, instead of helping the people it’s supposed to protest, simply further harms them.
- If anyone as a US citizen expects any non-American to support Obama for the sake of the US citizens, you are a horrible, selfish person and in directly using your western privilege, and I hope you can acknowledge that. Keep in mind you still pay taxes that go toward funding the wars.
- Dear US citizen, please note that I, personally don’t care what you do with your vote. Simply that you stop expecting those of us who’re not US citizens to care about your neck.
- If you think drones are a good idea, please note that I think you’re a horrible person.
- I can’t take Mitt Romney seriously enough to talk about him, very often. Often when I do, it’s about the amount of destruction he can unleash, just as Obama can and has. They’re politicians.
- If we’re talking science, also make sure to acknowledge the people, often people of colour, that were tested on against their will and treated like lab rats and guinea pigs and then never given compensation for it, nor acknowledgement.
- Speaking of lab rats and guinea pigs, animal testing isn’t cute. Even the ones where they test how much empathy animals are capable of. They are a better reflection of how little empathy humans posses. Would you like to be locked in a cage?
- Homosexuality and other non-hetronormative sexualities can’t be compared to things like bestiality. Because those relationships have consenting, adult humans, and animals can’t consent.
- Sex positivity isn’t necessarily “have sex all the time”. It’s this.
- Just because something line up with your religious beliefs does not mean you get to restrict people’s right to do as they will or be judgemental. Provided they’re not hurting anyone, but things like having sex or birth control or abortion or wearing a hijab/burkha/niqab isn’t hurting anyone, it’s a choice people make for themselves and not for you, so keep your nose out.
There is so much more but I ought to stop for now. Little notes:
- I’m Zilvia! It’s not my real name though.
- I get exasperated (and angry) at people who’re saying and doing hurtful things, but if you have a legitimate question, you’re free to ask.
- I like stories. Tell me stories! Tell me about your day. I will love you forever.
- I can be reached at: email@example.com
- Have a lovely day, as lovely as you are. You are worth something. A lot of somethings. I hope whatever hardship you’re suffering is eased and that things turn out okay for you. If you ever need a listening ear, both of mine are open.