Here, let me say this again:
- Not all of the Rohingya are Muslims.
- The Muslims aren’t the only ones that are suffering in Burma.
- Some of the Rohingya are Hindus.
- Or Sikhs.
- On general, it’s the people in the Rakhine region who are of Indian /Pakistani /Bangladeshi descent who moved and have been living in Burma for centuries.
- There’s several ethnic minorities, some who are Buddhist, who’re oppressed under the regime. Like the Karen. Let’s not forget them.
- Portraying the conflict in Burma as just Muslims suffering just creates more divisions between the Muslims and others in Burma.
- There’s extremists in South Asia who’re using social media to portray the issue as just one that hurts Muslims.
- You’re all buying into it.
- It’s making the other Burmese angry that no one thinks of them.
- So then the Muslims there are even more alienated instead of being able to work with them against the regime. So they’re probably going to seek the support of the extremists.
- Muslim extremists in Burma would equal the “war on terror” moving there as in, the US has an easier time in getting its hands on Burma’s oil.
- There’s two issues in Burma, not one. With the oil and the US looming, I’d say there’s three. Please don’t turn it into such an oversimplified issue. It isn’t helping us.
aliveandselving likes this
Show more notes