Privileges and Oppressions
Here’s what I am:
- I am not explaining this one a lot. In a male-dominated society such as this, being female is automatic oppression.
- But it is also a privilege. See: genderfluid people.
South Asian: Brown. Desi.
- This here’s an interesting one. It really depends on where I am. When in a white dominated or even other Asian- Burmese, Chinese, etc., it means oppression, discrimination, racism.
- In a brown/desi community this will mean privilege. Because desi’s are extremely discriminatory against blacks, and sometimes far eastern people.
- Also refer to this.
- Again, same as above. In a non-Muslim community with Islamaphobic tendencies, it means oppression.
- In a Muslim community, it will grant me unjust privilege when it comes to people of other religions.
Straight. And cis.
- This means a privilege.
- Do I need to explain this? I don’t think so.
- Alhumdulillah, I posses no major physical or mental disabilities.
- This is a privilege, in case you weren’t sure.
Am I missing something?